Russian Maritime Register of Shipping Classification: KM*L4R1, valid until October 21, 2019;
Built in 1973 in Astrkhan; project 388M; upgraded in 1988, 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016;
IMO Number: 7427051;
Call Sign: UBXJ;
Port of Registry: Kandalaksha
Flag: The Russian Federation
Length overall: 34.01 m;
Depth overall: 3.68 m;
Maximum draft: 2.9 m;
Gross Tonnage: 189 t;
Displacement: 300 t;
Max speed: 9 knots.
Superstructure and accommodations:
Crew quarters for 12 people + accommodation for 12 passengers;
Six double cabins with toilet facilities for passengers;
2 double, 2 quadruple and 1 single cabins for the crew;
A sanitary cabin; a laboratory; a small saloon, a large saloon, a shower room, a dryer, a galley; storerooms; a net hold.
Laboratory premises: an 18 m2 dry lab, a 10 m2 wet lab.
Main Engine: 8NVD 36-1U, 224 kW;
Generators: 2*60kW + 1*30 kW;
Power mains: 220/380V/50Hz;
One fixed pitch propeller.
Fuel - 22 m3; oil - 2 m3; fresh water - 12 m3; fresh water generator 4 m3 per day; wastewater - 6 m3; bilge water - 3 m3; waste oil - 1 m3.
Electronic aids to navigation:
Global Maritime Distress and Safety System: А1+А2+А3;
DYUIM-C - radar beacon transponder;
AIS Tranzas T105;
SAILOR 6110 /2к./;
Echopilot 3D Forward looking sonar;
Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System;
Satellite Phone Iridium;
Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems;
Remotely operated searchlight.
Fuel at full speed: 22 days;
Fresh water and waste underway/at anchor: unlimited.
In full accordance with the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping requirements.
Larboard: 3 liferafts for 10 people each;
Starboard: 3 liferafts for 10 people each.
27 lifejackets; 27 immersion suits, 8 safety vests.
2 2000 kg derricks;
1 300 kg derrick;
Motor boats: one Zodiac, Hypalon-Neoprene, 5.3 m, 6-8 person, 50 hp; two Poseidon, PVC, 5.2 m, 6-8 person, 50 hp.
1. A hydraulic A-frame with a hydraulic power unit.
2. A TL-14 winch, 300 kg, cable: 80 m. Range: 1.5 m for the equipment usage.
3. A 6 m bucket arm.
4. An outrigger hinged arm for easy equipment - 1 set.
5. A fore winch, 900 kg, 500 m cable. Works in tandem with a hydraulic frame.
Additional research equipment
• A set of oceanographic equipment for measuring current velocities, wave parameters, temperature, conductivity and water pressure
• A set of equipment to collect hydro-biological, water, and sediment samples;
• A set of remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROV) for underwater works;
• Lightweight diving outfits;
• A set of equipment to collect and analyze air samples;
• A set of laboratory equipment for hydrobiological and hydrochemical research.
The vessel is adapted to perform:
• Engineering and geophysical research;
• Engineering and geological research;
• Engineering and environmental research;
• Environmental monitoring;
• Underwater works by utilizing ROVs and lightweight diving;
• Various onshore research works.